Not really - I only use LP to start my charcoal. BTW - hooking your grill to your house tank is one of the greatest hassle-removers for any backyard chef. Just look for a low-pressure regulator at your DIY store and soap-test all the joints.
How to do the testing:
- Make a mixture of 50% liquid dish soap and 50% water.
- With grill console control knobs in the "OFF" position, twist the valve on the propane cylinder 1 turn only. DO NOT LIGHT BURNERS WHILE PERFORMING A LEAK CHECK.
- Brush soap and water solution on the following connections:
- All propane cylinder welds and bottom ring of tank.
- Propane cylinder valve including threads into cylinder.
- All hose connections including side burner tubing, if equipped.
- All valve connections.
- Observe each place for growing bubbles, which indicates that a gas leak is present.