Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Help for your marketing...

And mine.  I will be working with the folks at Cargill in upcoming weeks with their Cargill Connection meetings.  And, no - I'm not giving marketing advice, other than some personal experiences and insights  - many of which I've shared here - about how my brain is sometimes the enemy of my wallet.  I will be moderating and trying to insure everyone has a chance to develop a better relationship with folks who buy a lotta grain.

I'm happy to be a part of these meetings for several reasons.  First, Cargill is my best customer, and I have had very good results working with them for decades.  Second, I will get the chance to visit with producers all over the Corn Belt.  Finally, after being in a dozen or so presentations, perhaps some of the advice might sink in and my marketing improve slightly.

At any rate, I'd love to hear what happening on your farm, so check out the dates/locations below, and call your Cargill rep.  As we move into an uncertain future, you may be surprised what tools to are available to help manage risk and reduce stress in your marketing.

Full information here.

2 comments:

ThomasMoore said...

How's the bins ?

John Phipps said...

Thomas:

We're putting up another "free" Cargill bin as I write.

So count on corn going way over $4.75 during the next 3 years.