From high school essays, the
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
- He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.
- She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
- He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.
- She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.