Friday the 13th, that is. Here is the summary of breakdowns during the final stages of our hitherto trouble-free harvest.
- Tandem #1: blown o-ring on the hoist. Upside: We fixed it ourselves - an increasingly rare feat.
- Tandem #2: hard-to-diagnose priming problem caused by tiny leak in fuel return line. Had to order and wait for new line.
- 9570 Combine: blown turbocharger. So few of these machines are out there so we couldn't cannibalize a new one. Dealer doing his best, but day 4 and counting.
- Brand new CIH MX 305: After 4 calls for the a/c the technician finally discovered the little beads in the receiver dryer (don't ask me!) has escaped into the lines and valves. Maybe tomorrow.
- With all the harvesting stopped, we started hauling fall delivery beans from bins we couldn't deliver from the field because of train problems at the elevator, and...(wait for it)...Tandem #1 is developing a significant shimmy.
Still, all I have to do is pull out last year's work log and things fall into perspective. Just not much interest in blogging right now.