Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another charter member...

For my marketing newsletter...

Jim Bower talked about the ramifications of high grain prices effects on food vs. fuel vs. inflation...........this would be a great topic for your show..........as a pork producer in it for the "long haul" it is wearing one down real fast as there is a point to where our hog losses will take forever to recover.....on our farm we have been selling soybeans ,wheat to offset the low prices-high feed but even being a smaller producer one is incurring about $1,000 every day in losses....so i am going to join that "never sell anything-anytime club -lol ".....
Keep up your good work and really feel bad that we can't see you in London ,On. next month...(going to Eygpt--a gift of last winters grain markets)


BTW - I sold some 08 corn yesterday. (And judging from the buyers I talked to, I was not alone!)

Heck, I don't listen to expert advice, why should I listen to mine?

[Thanks, Kevin]

No comments: