Sunday, December 25, 2011

Rejoice!...  

Here's wishing you a great Christmas. We're full of excited <7 yr-olds poised to open presents. Jan and I are up because that's what old people with old habits do. Meanwhile I still have to get ready for my bank meeting Tuesday.

Am I the only one who is continuing to be shocked by the hockey stick that is the business of farming? The numbers are relatively enormous compared with just a few years ago - and that's QuickBooks talking, not just me. Now add in I'm not farming the whole farm either - just about half.

In talking to farmers and those who work with us, I haven't heard one suggest our businesses could either stay this good or get better. And yet...

Oddly, I believe they can and very probably will. Moreover, I am convinced we are beginning to manage this prosperity slightly better each season.

Anyhoo, that outcome is what I wish for all of you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas , We also are waiting for 3 little boys from 1-3 1/2 too celebrate Christmas this morning with us ,makes life all worth while , and we seem too be the only segment along with maybe energy that is blessed with such earnings, if prices go south soon with COP to day it won't be nice,happened in hogs in 1998-99 and 2008-09 and eats lots of cash fast-regards-kevin