Monday, January 30, 2012

I would be surprised...  

If officials find much of the MF Global missing $$. So would others.
Federal officials looking for an estimated $1.2 billion missing from customers of MF Global Holdings Ltd. feel more and more that a lot of it may never be located, according to a report citing sources familiar with the probe.
What's been learned so far suggests that a good deal of the money may have “vaporized” because of scrambling in trading in the week before MF Global filed for bankruptcy protection Oct. 31, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing “a person close to the investigation.”
Many now think specific MF Global employees used money from a customer account meant to be walled off and used it to cover collateral requirements or to unfreeze assets of banks and others as they became more worried about how exposed they were to MF Global, the Journal reported. [More]

The TP seminar is underway, and this will be one of my questions to the analysts at the taping.
See their answers this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Corzine/Obama connection. He steels my money and everyone walks. It makes one think the whole trading system is skewed against the little guy. I don't trust it anymore and I won't take a position on the board ever again. I'll let Cargill do it for me.