I hate moving to a new computer, so I was blown away by the "Migration Assistant" on my Apple iMacs. The computer asked me which computer I was moving from when it found my network, told me it would take about 5.5 hours, and started the move.
About 6 hours later, I essentially had two identical computers. The new 27" screen adds mostly width, but is still a welcome addition for worsening eyes. The speed is noticeably zippier, and I've eliminated some annoying freezes.
Best of all, I get to play Santa Claus to one of nieces/nephews/friends and hand off my old Mac.
Some stuff I've found:
- It's a big fracking deal. The magnitude of this energy boom is just sinking in. Especially in ND.
- Uneasy lie the heads that wear the expensive hats
- Where the coal trains will be heading
- Silicon Valley may be choking its own recovery
- Getting workers to rural boom towns. Not easy.
- The man who starved his country