Thursday, August 31, 2006

At least dust wasn't a problem...

I visited the Farm Progress Show in Amana, IA yesterday. Didn't really see much - just taped some commentaries for USFR. The rain on Tuesday left the parking lots an off-road challenge.

Maybe I should not have rented a PT Cruiser...

Anyway, I had an odd moment in the Monsanto exhibit where they had an actual (tiny) experimental farm you could tour. They showed off products in the pipeline, one of which was dicamba-resistant beans. I got pretty excited if for no other reason than I never can get my plastic spray tank clean enough to prevent dicamba-cupping on the first load I spray on beans.

Then I realized these beans were probably 5-6 years away and thought - "Crimony, I may not be farming then".

Took all the fun out. Some things change when you can finally see the finish line.

No comments: