Saturday, April 12, 2008

In case you can't make it to church tomorrow...

Listen to one of Pastor Eric Filkin's sermon's. Eric is Jan's nephew - a lawyer who became a pastor, to the surprise of all of us. His sermons are witty, insightful and truly inspired.

Eric used to visit us on the farm as a little boy, and I suppose I'll always struggle to see him as other than that. Listening to the voice alone helps me revise this prejudice and experience the man of God he has become.

This is another example of the power of this medium to lift lives. I can hear Eric now by downloading his podcasts, after promising to drive to Rockford to hear him for years - and never making it. I'll bet many of you would find something of value as well.

My favorite so far is Science and the Bible. (You hafta imagine the slides at the beginning...)

No comments: