Monday, April 14, 2008

Worth your consideration...

After an interesting comment on a post below, I surfed over to RaisingCountryKids.com to see who the commenter was. (I love this part of blogging.)

Here is what I found: exceptional writing and wonderful pictures from a Montana ranch - a state with THREE dimensions (What's THAT about?).


Ordinarily, blogs like these are a a little ... ummm, "hyperglycemic" for me. But with my grandson back on the farm, I was surprised by my own enjoyment of the pictures and stories. Her posts about her autistic son are remarkably free from self-pity and gently inspiring.

More to the point, it reinforced why I think our farm policy is blatantly unfair. Cattle ranchers (along with the rest of the livestock industry) are getting the shaft from their own government and farm neighbors simply because they have a history of self-reliance. These people are more than picturesque landscape accessories, and they deserve a chance to be treated fairly in a free market.

Regardless, I recommend Erin's charming blog and will be checking in from time to time to see how her family is doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mr. Phipps, for your kind words. I only hope that my blog continues to live up to your description of it.

I very much enjoy my visits to "John's World" when the kids and the cows allow me the time. Thank you for your voice in agriculture.