Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yes, it is...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  This is my answer to the perennial IRS question about whether my mileage log on my light pickup is WRITTEN.  It could be true, ya know.

Driving home from USFR, it dawned on me with all the GPS stuff I've got in vehicles and on my phone, somebody ought to have invented an automated mileage logger.  In other words, there should be an app for that.

This is what I found.


How Milo Works

Milo is simplest and most cost effective way to keep an accurate and complete mileage log that separates business trips from personal use of your vehicle. Plug-and-Drive Just plug MILO™ into any power adapter and Drive! MILO™ does the rest. The MILO™ GPS keeps track of the time, location, and distance traveled for each stop. Because Milo knows your work schedule, it automatically separates your trips into Business and Personal without you having to press any buttons. Connect and Upload At any time, you may plug MILO™ into a USB port to loads data to the MILO™ Web Center and view your mileage log. When your data is uploaded and processed, trips can automatically be associated with your Calendar meetings, Contacts, and Customer Addresses to fill in the purpose of your Business Trips. View and Report Login to Milo Web Center with your email address and password, review your trips, and print your log. You will never lose your trip data again.  [More]
The cost seems a bit salty, however: about $200 upfront and yearly fees of about $100.  Still it is pretty tempting.

Plus it is a Brand New Gadget I don't own!

2 comments:

Minnesota Mom said...

Do you own it now and does it work? I'm looking at buying a couple of these for our business vehicles but reviews are hard to come by. Anything you can offer will be helpful!

John Phipps said...

MM:

Nope - I didn't buy it. Still faking it, I'm afraid. Good luck!