Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here's the dill, pickle...

(Forgive me - it's an old family joke started by my son Jack)

Jan and I will be celebrating our 35th anniversary - which is over 143 husband-years! We leave today for a Baltic cruise. We have always wanted to visit these areas and I would like to see the Baltic from the top. [Last time was in a submarine about 35 years ago.]

I have talked Jan into letting me take my computer, but I don't know if I will be posting. And as fascinating as other people's vacation photos are, it will have to be something pretty spectacular to show up here. You know what they say, "What happens in Helsinki, stays in Helsinki"

Weep not! I have cleverly pre-positioned some ersatz "news" and dubious drivel for the Webmaster to post at irregular intervals. So stay tuned. It goes without saying that I will not be replying to comments either. (Wait, then why did I say it?)

Al Pell will be covering USFR, so I just hope I still have job when I get back...

Soldier on, and if the markets go to heck, it won't be my fault. I'll see you around the 22nd.

Peace out, dudes.

1 comment:

John Phipps said...

Brian: Sorry to be a bummer. I was actually saving my more funky posts for when I was gone, so the mix may have been somewhat grimmer.

That said, predictions of changes for the seeming worse can be advantageous to those who suck it up and act to exploit the attendant opportunities.

I'll try to illumninate some of these strategies I see farmers using in later posts.

Thanks for reading.