Thursday, March 21, 2013

And the reviews are in...  

You can see my truly breathtaking performance (heh) on the Willis Report here. One friend told me it was one the few times Gerri didn't interrupt with expressions of frustration, outrage, etc.  The poor woman never had a chance...


Weird studio set up.  WFYI (where I shot the segment) is a PBS station that gets a lot of contract work for remote interviews because they don't have their people/cameras tied up with local news. Still, compared to WNDU in South Bend, they were a little outdated. There was no video feed from NY so I couldn't see Gerri, and my hearing is so poor these days the earpiece was worrisome. My tactic was to prevent interruptions.


They did have a professional makeup person to do triage on my visage. Jan caught that for posterity.

Any of you guys who want some blusher tips, I could hold a workshop at the Top Producer Seminar.

(There is talk of a cameo on The Simpsons.) Gotta call my agent. After I get one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am not the only one with hearing problems. Somehow that is comforting to know. One of these days I am going to have to break down and admit I need help and go seek technology. I blame it on a Massey Ferguson 85 with no cab.

Kent Wagoner, Parma, ID said...

Good job, John! Looks like your anti-interruption tactic worked fairly well. Since I also have some hearing problems (how many aging farmers don't?), I was really impressed with your ability to answer her questions without ever once having to use my method -- "Pardon me?" -- which also gives me time to think up an answer when I do, in fact, hear the question. I think my wife may be starting to catch on, though, after listening to me do it for 34 years. Anyway, great job, and looking forward to the next time. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the courage to take on a network anchor interview.