Monday, December 07, 2009

This will have implications for fashion...

At least for women, I think.
The Spanish government approved Friday a decree that sets limits on the temperature that air conditioners and heaters can be set to in public spaces such as bars, offices and airports in a bid to reduce energy consumption.
Under the new rules temperatures in public spaces should not exceed 21 degrees Celsius (70 Fahrenheit) in winter and should not go below 26 degrees Celsius (79 Fahrenheit) during the summer, the government said in a statement. [More]

I can foresee more sweaters and slacks in winter, a la England. Moreover, you think sundresses are skimpy now...

I wonder how ice cold (summer) movie theaters will cope. And my church could be a violator as well.

Seriously, I could see such restrictions sweeping both Europe and the US since city councils and similar government bodies can do so at little cost and appear to be doing good. (And maybe they are)

No comments: