Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The competition jumps ahead...

As an aging humor writer (it gets harder to do after 50, it seems), I am always half-envious, half-alarmed by fresh voices.

But I didn't expect to find them in Amazon product reviews. For a Bic pen.
Today is the fourth day of ownership of my pen, and I have to say I'm starting to treat it like an old friend. I walk around the office with it clipped in to my shirt pocket and someone in the accounts department actually asked to borrow it while we were both standing at the photocopier. Would you believe it, they actually tried to walk away with my pen! They were very embarrassed when I called after them as they walked down the corridor and asked for it back. You will be happy to know that it is now back, safe and sound in my top pocket, ready and waiting to start writing again.

In summary, I would happily recommend this pen to anyone who is planning on writing on paper. If you are considering a writing implement for some other surface such as writing on a CD, or other non-porous substances then another pen might be better suited, but if it's just plain old paper then I think you will probably be well served by this particular model.
[Other good reviews follow - read the comments too]

[via Daily Dish]

No comments: